Hi everyone and welcome back to Baking Up a Storm!
I think you’ll all be happy to know that I’ve discovered a BAKED version of popcorn chicken using potato chips! Who doesn’t want a slightly healthier version of popcorn chicken so we don’t feel as guilty for eating it?! This recipe is fool-proof with only three ingredients which is sure to get your friends and family asking for the recipe. These little morsels of goodness can be paired with ranch sauce and a fresh salad (Kale works well) as a light lunch or savoury snack.
The best part is, you don’t have to use just BBQ flavoured chips. You can be bold and experiment with different flavours to see what you like best.
Next week, I will be sharing a delicious recipe for a kale salad that will be amazing along side this popcorn chicken so stay tuned.
**Note**When dealing with raw chicken it’s important to keep work surfaces, utensils and your hands clean at all times in order to avoid cross-contamination that can lead to food poisoning.
-2 Chicken Breasts
-1 Cup Barbecue Sauce
-1 Bag Barbecue Chips
- Cut the chicken breasts into small bite sized cubes
- Place the chicken in a large bowl and add the barbecue sauce along with a pinch of salt and pepper
- Stir to combine
- In a large zip lock bag pour the barbecue chips in and crush them into fine crumbs to coat your marinated chicken
- Gently toss each piece of chicken in the bag with the chip crumbs and place the coated chicken on a baking tray
- Bake the chicken for 12 minutes in a 375 degree oven